While job search experts are arguing whether superstitions make sense in the job search, job seekers all over the world carry around their luck charms and receive promising job offers.
According to research by the University of Cologne, candidates whose confidence was based on luck charms managed to achieve impressive results during a job search in 2016. It may sound ridiculous until we consider the fact that a self-hypnosis is a powerful thing which can simply lead a person to success. Therefore, some kind of common sense can be found in this practice by every job seeker.
How Do We Choose Luck Charms?
Less than 50% of Americans are superstitious and tend to believe that luck charms can be more effective than traditional job search tools. How do people choose their mascots? Most superstitious job seekers choose their amulets according to their unusual design, mystical past, or non-random concourse of circumstances. Still, people often start believing in luck charms only after some kind of proof of their magic abilities. Those who experience this power in real life become confident that luck charms really work.
Of course, along with the luck charms, the average job seeker shouldn’t forget about real things that can automate a job search. Unlike magic tricks and lucky charms, tech tools and apps can increase the productivity of your job search for sure.
Unusual Job Search Rituals
Along with the commonly known job search preparations, there are less conventional ones. It may seem unbelievable, but these rituals have actually helped some job seekers land new jobs. Here are some of them:
- Sleeping with a glass of water under the bed before the interview.Researchers connect this phenomenon with the impressive power of water. Some of them also believe that water is charged with positive energy and can help people to find a job and achieve success faster.
- Wearing lucky clothes.Some people believe that wearing certain clothes might lead them to positive results and vice versa. This also relates to the energy of the person. Apparently, any previous wearers can potentially charge the clothes with energy — whether positive or negative.
- Practicing a Hindi ritual which relies on fasting for 16 Mondays in a row.Mondays in Hinduisms are dedicated to the deity Lord Shiva, who is responsible for wisdom. Paying attention to Shiva can help with professional activities.
- Practicing silence.Many job seekers tend to hide their potential success until the moment that it becomes an absolute fact. This seems to be one of the most reasonable superstitions of all.
Positive Thinking – The Right Path
According to the reliable opinion of Matthew Hutson, author of The 7 Laws of Magical Thinking, the main thing that leads people to success is confidence.
A confident job seeker is 35% more likely to succeed than those who rely on the will of fate or the concourse of circumstances. The author is sure that job search superstitions simply make the job hunters act and behave in a particular way. He recommends that superstitious job seekers follow certain tips:
- If you have a luck charm and it really works, don’t change your habits!
- Support is a necessary element of every step in your life. Therefore, you should stock up on the support of your friends and family and start looking for a promising job.
- Even though some strategies fail, it doesn’t mean that you fail. Some failures are meant to shape you.
Superstitions are one of the most controversial things, especially when it comes to our professional lives and careers. Still, everyone must choose their own most effective and productive methods, as the results are what matter most!
Featured photo credit: xusenru via pixabay.com