3SC Camp hit by shocking food poisoning

Shooting Stars Sports Club, popularly known as 3SC, has been rocked by unbelievable food poisoning.

Team manager, Dimeji Lawal, who confirmed the development, said the players had been receiving treatment at a hospital in Ibadan.

He revealed that 22 players were affected by the illnesses suspected to have been contacted after their dinner on Tuesday night.

According to Lawal, 3SC was preparing for the match when the players began to complain of stomach discomfort after their meals.

“After tests by our medical team, it was confirmed that they had contracted food poisoning,” the Saudi ’89 FIFA U20 World Cup silver medallist told Punch on Thursday.

“We alerted the NNL and we were told that the match had been postponed indefinitely. Medical reports from our doctor will be considered before a new date will be announced.

“We have a bright hope of clinching qualification to the Premier League. We are leading the group with two points ahead of Insurance. Normally, we have both qualified for the play-off but you may not know. The play-off may be cancelled. That is why we must take the match seriously.”

A spokesman for the NNL, Amar Ignis, said, “A new date for the match will be announced in due course. All officials have been duly informed.”

“It is a Week 17 match and it was earlier scheduled for October 20 but shifted to October 28 and another development caused it to be moved again to Wednesday before this new development.”

Leave a Reply

css.php